Tuesday, September 20, 2011

NYX Blush in Cinnamon: Review!!

OK, so I was trying to get my hands on this for the longest only to find out it was right at my local beauty supply store. Wow. Anyway, I LOVE this blush, it works incredibly well with my yellow based skin.
NYX Cinnamon Blush

NYC Cinnamon Blush

I have always had problems with straight up pink blushes, they never looked good on me, they just don't compliment my skin...

NYX cosmetics: Is cruelty free but I am not sure if that means they don't test on animals.

Packaging:
Not very sturdy at all. Its a plastic black case with a see through window. The pressure you put on the window to open and close the container causes the window to pop inwards. I have mine taped because I can't find any superglue, but if this ever happens to you I think glue is the better option.
Popped out lid :(


NYX blushes are larger than the eye shadows. If you chose to depot this blush I don't think it would fit in a Mac blush palate, though the mosaic blushes will fit.

Product:

4.2/5 on Makeup Alley

NET.WT 0.18OZ (5.2g)

I bought this for 5.99USD at my local Beauty Supply Store.

Description from NYX website: Our pressed powder blush delivers sheer, silky color that glides on, blends beautifully and creates a natural glow. The formula is richly-pigmented and lasts for hours. Available in 25 shades.


Ingredients:INGREDIENTS: Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Nylon-12, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), D&C Red 6 (CI15850), D&C Red 7 (CI15850), D&C Red 27 (CI45410), D&C Red 30 (CI73360), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI19140), FD&C Yellow 6 (CI15985), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Manganese Violet (CI77742), Ultramarines (CI77288)


My Thoughts:
Sheer is correct. When NYX says sheer they aren't lying, I think this blush is very natural looking, however if you wanted a stronger color, this is very very buildable.

I have no problem blending this on my cheeks. I either use my Eco Tools powder brush or my E.L.F. flat top powder brush depending on how much color I want. Even though this is a 'powder blush' I don't think this is extremely powdery. I think its pressed in well.


This isn't the best swatch ever but...just to give you an idea of what it does
on my skin ;)

NYC Cinnamon
This color is completely matte. There is no shimmer in this whatsoever. I  think it would compliment alot of skin tones as well. Very fair skin tones, asian skin tones middle brown skin tones and dark skin tones could pull this off.

I wear this color everyday these days, I will try to do a FOTD, since I just recently understood what that stood for...pathetic, right?

CHECK OUT MY FOTD WITH THIS HERE!

Love, Rachel <3

2 comments:

  1. I love this blush! It is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NYX, and this color is very pretty :) It does seem like it would suit a lot of skin tones.

    http://allglitzedup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day <3